Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Joke

Back from the ban, I had to have seen that joke in another format somewhere
in the last two weeks.

With a helicopter!!

After a couple hours flying back and forth across the Puget Sound area the
navigational instruments on the helicopter go out and the pilot makes a
couple passes back and forth trying to get his bearings but appears to be
totally lost. Then he spots a man on top of a building smoking and flies
over close enough to shout out the window:

"Excuse me! Could you tell me where I am?"

The man looks up and then shouts back "You're in a helicopter."

The pilot looks puzzled for a second then stops and shouts back to the
smoker "Okay! Thanks!"

Then proceeds to fly straight back to the airport.


Once on the ground the photographer stops the pilot to ask how he found his
way back.

"Well," the pilot replies, "I asked that man where I was and he said I was
in a helicopter. Which was technically correct, but completely irrelevant
information for me. That's when it occurred to me that I must be over
Microsoft, and once I knew that I knew which direction to go."

And thankgoodness with a balloon again.

A man flying in a hot air balloon suddenly realizes he's lost. He reduces
height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts
to get directions, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says: "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet
above this field."

"You must work in Technical Support," says the balloonist.

"I do" replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically
correct, but It's of no use to me. If you had given me some useful
information, I would no longer be lost."

The man below replies, "You must work in management."

"I do" replies the balloonist, "But how'd you know?"

"Well", says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going,
yet you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were
before we met, but now it's my fault."

G

No comments: